Management of Elections
The elections management body in Swaziland is called the “Elections and Boundaries Commission”. In terms of section 90 of the Constitution the King, on the advice of the Judicial Service Commission, appoints a 5 member Commission (a chairperson, deputy chairperson and three other members). The appointed persons are individuals who possess the qualifications of a Judge of the superior courts or persons of high moral character, proven integrity, relevant experience and demonstrable competence in the conduct of public affairs.
To be a leading elections management body in the region and global communication.
To ensure free, fair, credible and transparent elections.
To render acceptable, free and fair elections so to enhance democratic governance system.
The functions of the Commission are to:-
1. Oversee and supervise the registration of voters to ensure free and fair elections at primary and secondary election;
2. Facilitate civic and voter education;
3. Review and determine the boundaries of Tinkhundla areas for purposes of elections;
4. Perform other in connection with elections or boundaries as may be prescribed; and
5. Produce periodic reports in respect of the work done.