To render acceptable, free and fair elections so to enhance democratic governance system.
The functions of the Commission are to:-
- oversee and supervise the registration of voters to ensure free and fair elections at primary and secondary election;
- facilitate civic and voter education;
- review and determine the boundaries of Tinkhundla areas for purposes of elections;
- perform other in connection with elections or boundaries as may be prescribed; and
- produce periodic reports in respect of the work done.