Duties of the Elective Office
- Reports directly to the chief and the inner council.
- Engineer/driver of development in his/ her Umphakatsi.
- Bridge between Umphakatsi and Inkhundla.
- Appraises and monitors projects.
- Advises community on how to access funds and any other services brought by government at the Inkhundla.
- Liaises with government officers in his or her Inkhundla.
- Fully in charge of an Inkhundla.
- Ensures proper development.
- Chairs and conveys meetings in the Inkhundla.
Member of Parliament
- Legislative function- move motion about issues affecting the welfare of the people in their respective areas to make the environment conducive (Section 106 of the Constitution)
- Oversight function- The use of government funds, scrutinize and approve the Budget, monitors performance for government ministries and departments.
- Representative function- conduit between electorate and government thus they should be in constant contact with the people. They should also know what the policies of government are.
- An ex-officio member of relevant Inkhundla.
Connect With Us