The Elections and Boundaries Act No.7 of 2013
- Provides for the administrative operations of the Elections and Boundaries Commission.
The Voter Registration Act No.8 OF 2013
- Provides for the various aspects of the voter registration process. This includes the application for the registration as a voter, the qualifications for registration, the compilation and preparation of the draft voters roll, the verification and finalization of the voters roll.Download Voter’s Registration Act 2013
Elections Expenses Act No.9 OF 2013
- Provides for a regime of accountability of candidates in the conduct of campaigns. It calls upon a candidate who exceeded the prescribed limit to account for the financial sources of his or her campaign.Download full Elections Expenses Act 2013
The Elections Act No. 10 of 2013
- Deals with the election process. It provides for the appointment of the polling staff, the setting up the polling station, the opening, conduct and closing of the station. It also deals the counting and announcement of results. There is also provision of corrupt election practices and norms on election observation.Download Full Elections Act 2013
The Senate Elections Act No. 11 of 2013
- Provides for the procedure of the election of the ten Senators who are elected by the House of Assembly in its first sitting. Download Full Senate Elections Act 2013
The Parliament Petitions Act No.12 of 2013
- Provides how an election can be litigated in a court especially on the form of procedure to be used. Before the passing of this law, there were varying judgments on whether a litigant must approach the court by means of an application or by petition.
Connect With Us