Voting in Swaziland
(1) A voter is entitled to vote at a polling station−
- on production of that voter’s card to the polling officer at the polling station; and
- if that voter’s name is in the segment of the voter’s register for the polling division concerned.
(2) When a voter produces a voter registration card to the polling officer as required by subsection (1) (a), the polling officer shall examine the voter’s card and determine whether−
- the voter is the person described in that voter registration card;
- the voter’s name is in the certified segment of the voter’s register for the polling division concerned; and
(c) the voter has not already voted in the election.
(3) Where a person does not have a voter registration card but is able to prove to the presiding officer that the person is the one whose name appears on the voters register, the polling officer may allow the person to vote subject to subsection (4).
(4) A presiding officer may, before allowing any person to vote under subsection (3), require that person to produce a satisfactory form of identification upon which the presiding officer shall issue a temporary voter’s card.
(5) A person who produces a false identification to a polling officer commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding five thousand Emalangeni or, in default of payment of the fine, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both.