Voter Registration in Swaziland
Citizens Eligible for Registration
You are eligible to register to vote if you are;
- A Swazi citizen or ordinarily resident in Swaziland; and have attained the age of 18 years.
- A Swazi citizen currently living in another country.
- An inmate who is not under sentence of death or life imprisonment by a court in any country.
Who is not eligible to vote
A person is not qualified to be registered as a voter if that person−
- is certified to be insane or adjudged to be of unsound mind;
- is detained under the Mental Disorders Act, No. 28 of 1963;
- is under a sentence of death or life imprisonment imposed on that person by a court in Swaziland;
- is, for an act which is a criminal offence under the law of Swaziland, under a sentence of death or life imprisonment imposed on that person by a court in any other country; or
- is disqualified for registration as a voter under any law in Swaziland relating to electoral offences.
Connect With Us